This morning my boyfriend and I walked down to the markets and got some beautiful strawberries so I thought I'd try something a bit different for breakfast this morning. The fragrance that comes from stewing the strawberries with the rose water and rice syrup is amazing and it tastes lovely too.
Ingredients (yields 2 serves) -
- 1 cup of strawberries halved and greens removed
- 1 tsp rose water
- 1 tsp rice bran syrup
- 3/4 cup homemade granola (there is a recipe for this posted on my blog)
- 4 heaped tbs natural yoghurt
- Combine the strawberries, rice syrup and rose water over a low heat in a small saucepan and cook lightly for about 5 minutes
- Divide strawberries into 2 small glasses or bowls
- Top with granola and 2 large tbs of yoghurt
Strawberries are an amazing source of vitamin C, which is great for boosting the immune system. The vitamin C is also vital for the production of collagen, which helps to fight the onset of wrinkles and reduce their appearance. They are also a great source of antioxidants, which plays a role in preventing cataracts.