I like to try and have quite a few vegetarian meals but I also want them to be hearty and filling. This salad is super delicious as a meal on its own but if you wanted to you could also serve it with some additional protein of some sort. Its great served warm but is also really yummy cold.
Ingredients - (serves approximately 4 people)
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped into wedges
- About 4-5 potatoes, chopped into wedges
- 1 tbs smoked paprika
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small broccoli
- About 100g feta, chopped into small pieces
- 3/4 cup nuts chopped and roasted in the oven (I used cashews and almonds)
- Chop the potatoes and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle paprika over the potatoes and toss to combine.
- Bake in a 200 degree Celsius over for about 15 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- Chop the broccoli and steam (make sure it still remains some of its crunch)
- Chop the feta and combine everything together in a large salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with the roasted nuts.
Dried paprika contains hardly any calories but is full of nutrients. It is an amazing source of vitamin A, with just 1 tbs containing 100% of the daily intake requirement. It is also a great source of vitamin E and iron. Iron is incredibly important, especially if you have a largely vegetarian diet, as it supports our cellular metabolism, providing us with oxygen, energy and the ability to grow.