These fudge bites are so delicious. I was skeptical that they would turn out anything like regular fudge but they exceeded all my expectations.
- 1/2 cup cashews, soaked for minimum 30 minutes
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- Process soaked cashews until it forms a smooth butter
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process until well combined
- Press into a small tin or container to a thickness of 2-3 cm
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours before eating and then keep refrigerated
Although quite high in fat, cashews are considered to contain 'good' fats, which may be beneficial to maintaining optimum health. Cashews are also a great source of magnesium, which helps protect against soreness, fatigue, muscle spasms, high blood pressure as well as supporting healthy muscles and bones. As well as this cashews are high in antioxidants that aid in eliminating harmful free radicals from the body.