Another delicious smoothie bowl to kick-start the day! I'm studying for exams at the moment and starting with a pretty breakfast like this is a great way to get motivated for the day ahead. It is super easy to mix and match different flavours together and today I went with mango and blackberry. The mango gives a rich creaminess and the blackberry cuts through with a sharp sweetness. I then topped with flaked coconut and honey.
- 3/4 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 cup frozen blackberries
- 3 heaped tbs greek yoghurt
- 2/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Simply throw everything together in a blender and mix until well-combined.
- Pour into a bowl and top with whatever nuts/seeds/coconut you have around the pantry.
Blackberries are among the highest content fibre plants in the world. They are also a great source of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and low in carbohydrates, fat and calories. They contain the antioxidant, anthocyanins (which give the rich colour of blackberries), which reduce inflammation and destroy free radicals that can otherwise contribute to cancer.