These are the perfect little cookies to accompany a hot cup of tea or coffee - they are sweet and spicy but guilt free. They contain rice malt syrup instead of refined sugar and cold-pressed coconut oil instead of butter. It is also really easy to use gluten-free flour if you desire. Ingredients -
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or extract
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together the melted coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine all the remaining dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add the wet mix to the dry and mix until well-combined.
- Roll small balls of dough and then press down slightly. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a 180 degree preheated oven for 5 - 10 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes and then store in an air-tight container.
Coconut oil is a rich source of lauric acid (which is also a key component of breast milk), which boosts immunity and can aid in destroying harmful viruses and bacteria in the body. There are also some incredible studies that have shown coconut oil to kill the Candida Albicans yeast, which is commonly caused by eating a highly processed and high sugar diet, as well as other lifestyle factors such as birth control and antibiotics.