This isn't much of a recipe per se but I think it's a great idea for a filling and nutritious brunch or light lunch. I'm in the middle of exams at the moment and needed something quick and easy to whip up and this took no more than 5 minutes.
- Half a roll or 1 slice of any type of bread you desire, preferably something with wholegrains and seeds (much more nutritious, and in my opinion, tastier)
- Half an avocado
- Small sprinkle of parmesan cheese
- Sprinkle of chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 egg
- Turn on the grill in the oven and heat up small frying pan with some coconut oil
- Spread avocado on the bread, sprinkle with cheese and chilli flakes (adjust depending on how hot you like your food)
- Fry your egg in the pan and grill the bread in the oven
I love using parmesan, not just because it is so delicious but also because you don't need too much in order to still get the sharp taste! Egg is a great source of protein - because of this they are filling and stop you from overeating. Chilli flakes have been shown to increase thermogenesis (body heating), which has a metabolism-increasing effect. Chilli also contains capsaicin, which can aid in fighting inflammation.