Sometimes you just need to treat yourself with a warm + sweet delicious breakfast. After a cold early morning row warm pancakes was exactly what I needed. The raspberries I added to the pancake created a light pink lilac colour which was super pretty and the addition of vanilla complemented the berries very well.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Large handful of raspberries mushed into a kind of jam consistency (I used frozen berries and just put them in the microwave for a little while and then mushed with a fork)
- 1 cup self-raising flour (can substitute for your choice of gluten free flour)
- Coconut oil or butter for frying
- In a medium mix bowl crack eggs and add vanilla beat and whisk with a hand whisk for a minute or so.
- Add the milk and whisk until well-combined
- Add the flour and berries and mix through well
- Heat coconut oil or butter in a small saucepan.
- Add a few spoonfuls of batter to the pan. When small bubbles start to appear on the surface flip around and cook for just another minute or so.
I really love using almond milk as an alternative to regular cows milk and the unsweetened vanilla versions are really delicious. Almonds are a great source of selenium, manganese, zinc, protein, fibre, vitamin E, iron, potassium, calcium, tryptophan and iron. Almond milk also contains no cholesterol, is vegan and lowers blood sugar levels.