With christmas coming up I think its a really nice idea to make some homemade gifts for loved ones and its really fun to be able recreate more nutritious versions of classic treats. This coconut ice is super inexpensive and takes only a matter of minutes to whip up.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup coconut cream or milk
- 2 1/2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup fresh raspberries, mushed with a fork
- In a small saucepan over medium to low heat, melt the coconut oil and then combine with the syrup, vanilla and coconut cream/milk.
- Take off the heat and in a medium bowl combine with the coconut and milk until well combined.
- Press half of the mixture into a small slice tin.
- With the other half of the mixture combine with the raspberry puree.
- Press this on top of the white base.
- Freeze for at least an hour before cutting into the slices.
- Keep stored in the fridge or freezer.
Using natural ingredients such as raspberries for colouring is a great alternative to artificial colourings. It also adds a nice subtle touch of flavour. The coconut ice is a great treat to accompany a cup of tea and your loved ones will be super impressed if they receive some as a gift.