A while ago I posted a recipe for Vanilla Fudge and this is a variation on that recipe. The peppermint and chocolate flavours are an amazing combination and these are a definite favourite of mine! As they can be kept for many weeks in the fridge or freezer they are a great thing to have on hand for when a sweet craving hits.
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked for at least one hour
- 3 tbs coconut oil
- 3 heaped tbs raw cacao
- 2 or 3 drops peppermint oil
- 3 heaped tbs honey
- Blend the cashews in a food processor until they turn into a thick paste
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until combined
- Fill moulds with the mixture and place in the fridge or freezer
- These can be kept for probably 3-4 weeks in the fridge or much longer in the freezer
Peppermint oil contains many minerals including calcium, copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium and iron, as well as vitamins A and C and omega-3 fatty acids. Research suggests that peppermint oil is used as a cure for indigestion. It helps to dispel gas as it is a carminative substance. Peppermint oil is also used to relieve respiratory distress, headaches and treating stress and pain.