Sweet, savoury, caramel, delicious.... but yet really wholesome and a great alternative to other processed sweet treats. I really recommend this recipe because it is just so quick and simple to whip up. Making your own popcorn is also incredibly inexpensive and then you can use whatever pre-made raw chocolate you can find or make your own.
- Approximately 1/3 cup corn kernels
- 2 tbs oil (I used olive oil)
- 70g raw chocolate (I used Loving Earths Organic Raw Caramel Chocolate)
- In a large saucepan heat oil
- Add the corn kernels and place a lid on top
- When you hear the popcorn starting to pop give the saucepan a little bit of a shuffle now and then.
- When you hear the popping slow down or stop turn off the heat.
- Pour popcorn into a large mixing bowl
- In a double boiler melt chocolate until it is a really smooth consistency
- Pour melted chocolate over the popcorn and mix until all the popcorn gets a light coating
This raw chocolate is a great alternative to processed varieties as it is gluten free, low GI and vegan. Popcorn is a great source of dietary fibre, which aids in keeping your digestive system healthy and may also lower cholesterol, and reduce the risks of cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. Unfortunately I don't own an air popper but if you do air popped popcorn is really great for this recipe!