Acai bowls are a nutrient-packed and delicious way to kick start the day. Rather than a frozen acai pack I used acai powder, hence I think why it doesn't have that trademark deep purple colour. If you add slightly more coconut water this can easily be drunk as a smoothie and is super refreshing, raw and vegan. When you have made the acai bowl you can load it up with any delicious, wholesome ingredients you having in the pantry. Some of my favourites are granola, fresh fruit and dried fruits such as goji berries.
- 2 heaped tsp acai powder
- Large handful of frozen pineapple chunks
- Large handful of frozen mango chunks
- 250 coconut water (I used the cocobella mango coconut water for added tropical flavour)
- Simply throw all the ingredients in a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency. If the mix is still too thick add a splash more coconut water or filtered water.
- Pour in a bowl and top with your desired toppings.
Although more research needs to be conducted in regards to the health benefits of acai it has been established that is a rich source of antioxidants. Antioxidants are great for destroying free radicals that would otherwise cause harmful cellular damage. The acai powder also creates a lovely flavour when combined with the mango.