As the weather heats up here in Australia I love cool refreshing desserts to finish off a delicious meal. This raw + vegan cheesecake is delicious and refreshing, and is complimented with the fresh lime flavour.
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup dates, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes and then drained
- 3/4 cup cashews (soaked for at least 4 hours in the fridge)
- 3/4 cup macadamias (soaked for at least 4 hours in the fridge)
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- Juice and zest of 2 fresh limes
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- In a food processor blend the almonds until roughly chopped.
- Add the dates to the almonds and process until a ball of mixture begins to form.
- Get a lined cake tin with removable base and press the date/almond mixture in firmly until it creates an even base. Place in the fridge.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender (I actually think my blender works best for making a smooth cheesecake mixture) add the soaked and drained cashews and macadamias, coconut milk, lime, coconut oil and rice malt syrup.
- Blend all the ingredients together until they form a very smooth mixture.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture on top of the base and place in the freezer. Allow to set in the fridge for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight.
This cheesecake is really easy to whip up and can be kept in the fridge for a couple of weeks. I made one of these for christmas and the lime flavour was a real hit. I think this recipe is a great one to try for people who are new to healthier dessert alternatives - it is sure to impress!