I do a lot of experimenting with my recipes and I have to admit that this recipe did not turn out how I expected at all but I thought that how it turned out is actually much more unique, super cute and yummy! These look as though they would be packed with sugar, artificial colours and gelatine but they only contain 3 ingredients, are 100% fructose free, organic, and vegan.
- 3/4 cup organic cacao butter
- 3 heaped tbs rice malt syrup
- 2 tbs organic strawberry powder
- In a double boiler melt the cacao butter.
- Add the rice malt syrup and melt for a few minutes.
- Turn the heat off and add the strawberry powder.
- Mix through well and pour into chocolate moulds.
- All to set in the fridge overnight or for a minimum of 4-5 hours.
Cacao butter is a great base for homemade chocolate as it is raw, organic, fairly traded and dairy free. It is also a great source of vitamin E. The strawberry powder I added is an excellent source of dietary fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants. To make it the strawberries are freeze dried and hence maintain all of their nutritional properties.