I was inspired to be a bit creative with some new muesli recipes and couldn't resist picking up some strawberry powder when my boyfriend and I visited The Staple Store this past weekend. Using berry powder is such a delux way to elevate an otherwise simple and easy muesli. Muesli is such a fun thing to make because you can customise it however you please and this one is great as it is gluten free. It is the perfect muesli to top off a smoothie or acai bowl.
- 2 cups organic flaked coconut
- 1 heaped tbs strawberry powder
- 2 tbs dried mulberries
- 2 tbs dried goji berries
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped almonds
- 2 tbs sunflower seeds or pepitas
- Simply throw everything together in a bowl and mix until well-combined.
- Store in an airtight jar.
Healthy and unusual muesli's like this are often super super expensive so I think they are a great thing to whip up yourself. You can make a big batch every couple or weeks and you will save yourself heaps of money. They also make great presents when they are packaged up in cute bags or glass jars. You could even make a day of it with your friends and everyone customise their own mixes.