Ok so its not really green but this smoothie is jam-packed with spinach. I think the dark red of the raspberries and acai must have covered up the green colour. You can hardly taste the spinach in this smoothie so its a great way to increase your intake of vegetables. Its really refreshing and unlike juice this smoothie retains all of the beneficial fibre, making it more filling and promoting good digestion.
Ingredients (for 1 smoothie) -
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 heaped tsp acai powder
- 1 really large handful of fresh baby spinach or frozen spinach
- Enough coconut water to blend until smooth
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth
- Keep adding small splashes of coconut water and blending until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pour into a bowl or large glass and top with whatever you desire. I added some crunchy granola.
Spinach is rich in antioxidants and is also a great source of vitamins A, B2, C and K, as well as containing manganese, magnesium, iron, folate, potassium and calcium. Spinach also contains beneficial dietary fibre, which aids in lowering blood sugar, aids in digestion, preventing constipation and curbs overeating.