I'm always experimenting with different smoothie recipes and with this one I definitely struck a winner! I was just making a fairly standard raspberry smoothie but decided to add two heaped tbs raw cacao. It made a huge difference and gave the smoothie a strong dark chocolate raspberry flavour - YUM! After I had poured the smoothie into a glass I topped with some of my Gluten-free Quinoa Granola (in a previous post).
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 heaped tbs natural Greek yoghurt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 heaped tbs raw cacao
- If you want to sweeten it up slightly add 1 tsp honey or rice malt syrup
- Add all the ingredients together in a blender.
- Blend until it forms a smooth consistency. If it is too thick you can add a splash more milk or cold water.
- Pour in a glass and enjoy as is or top with nuts/seeds/dried fruit/muesli
The combination of fresh frozen raspberries and raw cacao packs an antioxidant punch. This is great for destroying free radicals that can have harmful effects on the body. The greek yoghurt is also a great source of protein and therefore this smoothie is ideal as a light breakfast to kick start your metabolism or a post-workout snack to restore damaged muscles. And it tastes amazing :)