For dinner tonight I felt like something fresh and flavoursome. I haven't made zucchini 'pasta' in a while and its so delicious that I thought I'd whip it up for dinner. I decided to flavour it with some fresh Greek feta and semi-sundried tomatoes. It turned out to be super yummy and felt really nourishing.
- 1 zucchini, sliced into long, thin strips
- Approximately 8-10 semi-sundried tomatoes
- Approximately 50 g good quality Greek feta, roughly crumbled
- Small drizzle of olive oil
- Slice the zucchini into long, thin strips
- In a non-stick frying pan lightly heat some olive oil. Add the roughly chopped semi-sundried tomatoes.
- After about a minute add the zucchini 'pasta' and heat until it softens only slightly.
- Turn off the heat and add the crumbled feta. Stir through the 'pasta'.
Zucchini 'pasta' is a great alternative for people who are intolerant or allergic to gluten or simply just when you feel like a pasta dish without the heavy, bloated feeling afterwards. Zucchini is also very low in calories so it is a great alternative for people trying to loose some weight. As well as this zucchini serves as a source of folates, potassium, vitamin A, vitamin C and B-complex vitamins.