This sorbet is totally refined sugar-free, takes a matter of seconds to whip up and tastes amazing. Its so nutritious that you can have it for breakfast (just like I did!). You can also easily change up the ingredients you include to create different flavours. I then topped my sorbet off with some coconut, goji berries and some extra frozen raspberries.
- 1 1/2 cups frozen mango chunks
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberry
- 2 heaped tsp acai powder
- A splash of coconut water or normal water
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until it forms a smooth but thick consistency.
- If its too thick and not blending, add a splash more water.
- Pour into a bowl and eat it up.
Regular store-bought sorbet is often extremely high in sugar, often half the mass made up of added sugar. This sorbet is still incredibly sweet and refreshing but much more nutritious, being made up of solely frozen fruit. Frozen mango and banana are great base ingredients for making this sorbet as they form a thick smooth consistency. Mango is a great source of antioxidants and have been shown to have a potential cholesterol-lowering effect because of the combination of pectin, fibre and vitamin C.