This was my super refreshing and filling breakfast this morning. The mix of mango and raspberry is such a sweet and refreshing combination. It only takes moments to whip up and is really nutritious. After adding the smoothie to the bowl I topped with frozen raspberries, coconut, granola and almonds.
- 3/4 cup frozen mango pieces
- I small handful frozen raspberries
- 2 heaped tbs greek yoghurt
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Add all the ingredients in the blender and blend until it forms a smooth mixture.
- Add to a bowl and top with whatever you desire
Mangos are one of my favourite fruits and when not in season I like to incorporate frozen mango into recipes. It is sweet, delicious and very versatile. Mango contains many antioxidants that have been linked to lowering the risk of cancer. It may also have a cholesterol-lowering effect because of the combination of fibre, vitamin C and pectin. Mango may also have an alkalising effect on the body because of the presence of tartaric acid, malic acid and a trace of citric acid.