This recipe is perfect for students or people busy and short on time! It is quick, easy, inexpensive and perfect to serve warm for dinner and then have cold in the following days for lunch. It is packed full of wholesome ingredients that will keep you full and satisfied.
- 2 cups cooked chicken
- 2 tsp smoked dried paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 broccoli, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds and sunflower seeds
- Cook the rice and lightly steam the broccoli (make sure to use the whole broccoli - I happen to think the stem is one of the best parts)
- Cut up the cooked chicken into small pieces and toss with paprika and garlic powder.
- In a dry non-stick pan lightly toast the almonds and sunflower seeds
- Combine everything together in a large bowl, add crumbled feta and toss to combine
Broccoli is a great source of both soluble and insoluble fibre and an excellent source of vitamin C. It is also rich in vitamin K, vitamin A, B-complex vitamins, phosphorus, zinc and phytonutrients. Brown rice is also a great choice - it has a high fibre content, which will keep you feeling fuller for longer, is rich in selenium and magnesium and is rich in antioxidants. Chicken is a great source of protein, which will also aid in keeping you feeling fuller for longer. It is also a source of tryptophan, which can act as a natural anti-depressant.