Pistachio and rose is a great combination and I think the pink and green looks so pretty together on the dark chocolate. I am a bit of a chocoholic but spreading the chocolate thin into a bark and adding other wholesome ingredients is a great way to indulge but not go completely overboard.
- 100g high quality dark chocolate (I used Lindt 85%)
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped pistachios
- 1 tbs dried rose petals
- 1 tsp rose water
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler
- Stir in the rosewater and quickly spread onto a sheet of baking paper. When you add the rosewater the chocolate will thicken so leave it out if you find it too difficult to spread but it does give a really nice aroma and taste.
- Gently press the pistachios and rose petals into the chocolate
- Allow to set in the fridge and then break into pieces.
Compared to other nuts pistachios are lower in calories and higher in vitamin K and potassium. They are also a great source of vitamin B6, thiamin, phosphorus and magnesium. Research has also suggested that pistachios may aid in lowering cholesterol.