Coconut and dark chocolate is such a great combination and this recipe is so quick and easy to whip up. Raw chocolate is super simple - you just combine approximately 1 1/2 heaped tbs coconut oil (melted), 3 tsp raw cacao, pinch of sea salt and 1 tbs rice malt syrup.
- 3 egg whites
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup (or you can substitute for honey or agave)
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp melted raw chocolate
- Beat egg whites and sea salt together until stiff peaks form
- Gently fold in coconut, vanilla, and rice malt syrup
- Place small dollops of the mix on a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake in a 180 degree Celsius oven for approximately 10-15 minutes
- Allow to cool completely and then drizzle with raw chocolate
- Allow to set in the fridge. Store in the fridge as the coconut oil will turn back to liquid form at room temperature.
Raw chocolate is full of nourishing ingredients and because of the lack of processing these are much better retained. Some of these important compounds include magnesium, calcium, sulphur, zinc, iron, copper, potassium, and manganese. It is also full of polyphenols called flavanoids, which possess strong antioxidant properties. As well as this it can be a source of protein, fibre, the essential heart healthy fat oleic acid as well as numerous B and E vitamins.