This chia pudding tastes really decadent with a bitter chocolate taste while being really nutritious. It is so nourishing that you can even have it for breakfast. You can have it by itself or top it with anything you desire. Here I simply added from shredded coconut, goji berries and almonds.
Ingredients - (1 serving)
- 1/8 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 large tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 tbs raw cacao
- Place all ingredients in a jar and shake rigorously to combine
- Pour into a glass and place in the fridge
- Leave for at least 4 hours or overnight. If you can it is best is you give it a couple of stirs while it is in the fridge
- Top with whatever you want and enjoy
Chia seeds are a great source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants. They are also full of minerals such as calcium. They are useful for blood sugar regulation as it plays an important role in regulating insulin levels. Chia seeds are also great for satiety - because of the high concentrations of fibre, protein and the gelling action of the seeds all contribute to this.