These have literally just come out of the oven and our apartment is now filled with a delicious freshly baked cookie smell. These are sweet and buttery and yet are gluten free and refined sugar free!
- 125g butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 tsp rosewater (if you don't have any or want to make more traditional chocolate chip cookies then simply substitute for 1 tsp vanilla essence)
- Cream the butter and rice malt syrup together until pale and creamy
- Add the egg and rosewater and beat until combined
- Gently fold through the flour, baking powder and chocolate
- Make roughly shaped balls and place onto a tray lined with baking paper
- Bake in a 180 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes or until they start to turn golden on top
- Allow to cool and then.... gobble them up!
I love simple recipes with a small ingredient list and these cookies are so easy to whip up and yet still super delicious! Rose water is rich in antioxidants, flavonoids, tannins and essential vitamins including A, C, D, E and B3. Rosewater is also used in enhancing moods and helps to relieve nervous tension.