After an overload of chocolate over the Easter weekend I wanted to whip up a sweet treat that was free from processed sugars but still delicious. These are are really quick and easy to whip up and can be kept in the fridge or freezer for a few weeks.
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 3 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbs rice syrup
- 3 tbs coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste, or essence
- Pinch of sea salt
- Extra coconut for coating the balls
- Process the macadamia nuts in a food processor
- Add all the remaining ingredients and process until well combined
- Take small portions and roll into balls, coating in coconut
- Place in the fridge or freezer to set
Macadamia's are not only a delicious nut but have numerous health benefits. They are completely cholesterol free and have been found to be highly beneficial in reducing cholesterol levels. They are also high in flavonoids, which are converted into antioxidants in the body that help to destroy free radicals. They also provide a significant amount of protein, dietary fibre, phosphorus, manganese, copper and omega 3.