One of the most delicious ways to start off the day is with a plate full of warm pancakes. These are a great alternative to regular pancakes as they are gluten free, sparing you the potential bloating and discomfort, but still absolutely delicious. To top them off I spooned over some of my berry yoghurt. To make simply combine half a cup defrosted berries, 1 tsp rose water, 1 tsp honey and 4 large tbs natural or greek yoghurt.
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbs honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Coconut oil (or butter) for frying
- Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and whisk together well.
- Heat a small amount of oil or butter in a frying pan and add small dollops of the batter. Make sure to only make small pancakes as this batter does not bind together well.
- Flip pancakes very gently and allow to cook on both sides.
- Dollop berry yoghurt on top and enjoy!
As I mentioned above coconut flour is great as it is gluten free, making it an ideal alternative to wheat flour for those who are intolerant or allergic. It is also very high in protein, making it ideal for cell growth and maintenance. It is high in fibre, aiding in digestion and making you feel fuller for longer.