Ok so I don't think these muffins look the prettiest but trust me when I say they were delicious. I have a weakness for freshly baked cinnamon buns and these were just as delicious but without the gluten and sugar overload.
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs coconut oil or butter (I used butter and it makes the muffins really delicious)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 2 tbs coconut flour
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, macadamia nut oil or almond oil
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- To make the cinnamon topping, melt the butter or coconut oil, and combine with cinnamon and honey in a small bowl. Put to the side.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl mix together eggs, oil, honey and vanilla.
- Then add all the remaining dry ingredients and mix very well.
- Divide into muffin tins. Spoon cinnamon topping onto the muffins.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 10 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Cinnamon has been shown to be great regulator of blood sugar, aiding in maintaining energy levels and mood. Research has demonstrated it may also be effective at reducing 'bad' LDL cholesterol levels in the blood. Cinnamon also contains calcium, iron, manganese and fibre. And it is delicious!