These truffles are great to whip up at the start of the week to have as snacks during the day. I like to take a couple to uni each day to munch on in between lectures and they are also great with a cup of tea after dinner. The addition of rose water works really well - not only in making them taste delicious but also adding a subtle floral aroma.
- 1 cup dates, soaked in boiling water for at least 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tbs rosewater
- 2 tbs raw cacao
- Desiccated coconut
- Process the almonds and walnuts until very finely chopped
- Add the remaining ingredients and process until well combined
- Roll into small balls and coat in coconut
- Place in the fridge to set
Research shows that rose water may be beneficial in the relief of nervous tension and may also act as a mood enhancer. Rose water is also rich in tannins, flavonoids, antioxidants and essential vitamins including A, C, D, E and B3.