Banana bread from a cafe is generally more like cake - packed with white flour, heaps of butter and refined white sugar. This is a great alternative - paleo, gluten free, refined sugar free and still really delicious.
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 medium-sized bananas, mashed well with a fork
- 100g butter, melted (this can be substituted for coconut oil)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup raw cacao nips
- 1/4 cup honey
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a loaf tin
- In a bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla, honey and butter. Then add mashed banana and whisk until well combined.
- Add all the other remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour batter into loaf tin and bake in the oven for approximately 40-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out of the middle clean.
- Allow to cool and then enjoy !
Bananas are great for lowering blood pressure and protecting against heart attack and stroke as they are high in potassium and low in salt. Bananas are also a great energy source and can aid in maintaining blood sugar.
Fresh out of the oven is delicious but it is also great sliced and toasted a few days later !