These are SO good. I have been eating them with a cup of tea for the last couple of days and they are a perfect little sweet treat.
- 1/3 cup oats, processed into a fine powder
- 2/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste, or extract
- 1 tsp almond oil (this could be substituted for coconut oil or macadamia nut oil)
- 2 1/2 tbs honey
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (to preserve true raw status use some roughly chopped raw chocolate)
- Process the oats into a fine powder. Combine with almond meal.
- Add vanilla, oil and honey and mix till well-combined
- Add chocolate chips and stir through
- Ball into small balls and place in either the fridge or freezer
These are can be kept in the freezer - perfect to pull out when a craving strikes. Using almond meal is a great alternative to wheat flour, especially if watching our glycemic index. It is low in carbohydrates, low in sugar and high in protein.