These muffins are a perfect little afternoon treat. They are fluffy and sweet and because they are gluten-free they don't leave you feeling heavy and bloated.
- 100g butter (to make dairy free you can substitute this for coconut oil or macadamia nut oil)
- 1 1/2 almond meal
- 80g stevia
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Beat the egg whites until they begin to turn white and fluffy
- Mix in vanilla, butter and stevia
- Gently fold in almond meal and mix in 1/2 cup of the blueberries
- Divide mixture in a muffin tray and top muffins with the remaining blueberries
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown
Blueberries are loaded in fat but full of fibre, keeping you fuller and satisfied for longer without the calories. As well as this blueberries contain numerous antioxidants that help protect the body against free radicals. Blueberries are high in vitamin C, protecting the immune system as well as maintaining collagen and healthy gums.