These are super quick and easy to whip up and great to keep in the fridge for when you need a quick sweet fix. They are also a great post-workout treat because of the additional protein they provide.
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup (could be substituted for honey or 100% maple syrup)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1/2 cup vanilla protein powder
- Begin with making the raw chocolate by blending together the coconut oil, cacao powder, sea salt and rice malt syrup
- Combine all the remaining ingredients into the chocolate mixture
- Pour into moulds or small patty pans
- Place in fridge or freezer
The most well-known and most highly regarded benefits of consuming additional protein in the form of protein powder are in weight maintenance and improving physical performance. However, protein powder may also play a role in healthy ageing, wound healing and cardiovascular health.