Mum has an abundance of zucchini from the garden and I had quite a bit of the chocolate hazelnut butter I made (from a previous post) left so I found the perfect recipe to utilise them both. This bread is unbelievably moist and sweet while at the same time being full of nutrients.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut butter (I have posted a recipe for a really healthy and delicious version)
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup grated zucchini (squeezed of all excess water)
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Combine chocolate hazelnut butter, eggs, vanilla, salt and honey with electric beaters until very well combined
- Add vinegar and baking soda and beat for a further 30 seconds
- Mix in the zucchini
- Pour into loaf tin
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes or until set through
Zucchini is great for weight loss as it is very low in calories, contains no cholesterol or saturated fats, yet is high in dietary fibre. As well as this zucchini's are a great source of folate, potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C.