I love a good crumble..soft, sweet fruit topped with delicious crunchy crumble. It's also really quick and easy to whip up - perfect for last minute guests or a dessert craving.
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds or walnuts
- 1 tbs honey (can be substituted for 100% maple syrup or rice syrup)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For the fruit base - 3 cups mixed berries, 1 tbs honey, 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- Combine all the ingredients for the berry base in a saucepan for a few minutes
- Spread this mixture in the bottom of a baking tin
- Combine all the ingredients for the crumble in a large mixing bowl
- Disperse the crumble evenly over the berries
- Bake in oven at 160 degrees Celsius for 30-35 minutes or until golden
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Note. Sometimes when I make this I spread the crumble mixture onto a baking tray and bake until golden separately. This way I can keep it in an airtight container and when I feel like making a little dessert I just heat up some frozen mixed berries and top it with some of the crunchy crumble.
Berries are high in antioxidants, which aid in destroying harmful free radicals within the body. Berries are low in calories and the oats in the crumble are rich in soluble fibre, which keeps you filling fuller for longer and therefore this is a good dessert for those trying to lose some weight.